Re: Is there a way to 'unrestrict' drop view?

От Thomas Pasch
Тема Re: Is there a way to 'unrestrict' drop view?
Дата
Re: Is there a way to 'unrestrict' drop view?  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

well, the reason I'm asking is that this *is* posible in Oracle DB. For
me it looks like that the DB knows that the view is broken. You can't
use it, *but* it is still there (and it will be usable again when the
view query is valid again).

I completely agree that the view should be usable again at the end of
transaction (even thus Oracle DB doesn't impose that either), but drop
and re-create the objects in correct order is painful.

The heart of the my pain is that a program I use works like this. I
would like to migrate the DB beneath it...

Cheers,

Thomas