Re: Production Database requirement

От Vincenzo Romano
Тема Re: Production Database requirement
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Hello All,
> Can anyone please let me know
>
> 1. What is the hardware and software  requirement for postgressql to be
> installed in production. We are planning to use postgres for hadoop backend,
> to store user access info, metadata etc. So, it will not be high transaction
> db, but we might see lost of reads to this db.

Your question makes little sense without any details about the data
and the application architecture.
Please elaborate more.
You'd elaborate more on these points in order to get some meaningful advise.

> 2. Can we use Vm's to run the Db? Is it recommended ?

There's nothing against virtualization apart the computing and I/O
limits it can pose.
In general, real hardware can provide for better performances.