Re: prokind column (was Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures)

От Catalin Iacob
Тема Re: prokind column (was Re: [HACKERS] SQL procedures)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 4:03 AM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> I would just recommend users to use a version of psql matching
> the one of the server instead of putting an extra load of maintenance
> into psql for years to come

Breaking tab completion in new psql against old servers might be
acceptable as it's a fringe feature, but I don't think your
recommendation of matching versions is practical. Lots of people
manage multiple server versions and using the latest psql for all of
them is currently, as far as I know, a perfectly supported way of
doing that, getting new psql features and keeping compatibility. I
think it would be a pity to loose that.