Re: Moving to git

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
>My proposal is this:
> 1. Do a git cvsimport.
> 2. Upload it to git.postgresql / github.

I'm a huge git fan, but I vehemently disagree. Fixing history after
the fact is an absolute nightmare. Dealing with broken history forever
is not fun either. *If* (ok, more realistically, *when*) we migrate,
let's do it once and do it right. If you really can't wait for it,
it's easy enough to do a git cvsimport yourself and put it up on your
own github account (then you get to deal with the problems of
different lineages when the project migrates officially).

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com