Re: Moving to git

От Kjetil Nygård
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Sorry for being a bit in a rush. My name is Kjetil Nygård, and I'm a
norwegian. My strongest and weakest attribute is my impatience.

I have seen the discussion about moving to git.postgresql.org and/or
github. But there it stalled as far as I see. That's why I dared to
shoot from the hip.

My proposal is this:
 1. Do a git cvsimport.
 2. Upload it to git.postgresql / github.

When it comes to the concrete elements you mention, I would go for the
simple solution. Namely just do an import, and upload it. Then fix
problems as they occur.

Authorship is preserved with git-cvsimport. The authors could maybe have
been updated to username@somewhere.com, but I would not say it is very
important. I guess that people will understand who jurka is anyway.

About keyword-expansion I don't have any experience. (We just ignored it
when we migrated from cvs to svn / git.)

Empty folders should not be a problem. They can and should be made by
the ant script anyway.

So my proposal is to follow Nike and "Just do it!"

PS: It's just a proposal.

-Kny :-)