Re: https call in PostgreSQL

От Aldo Sarmiento
Тема Re: https call in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is it acceptable practice to make http calls from DB in most cases? I'm assuming if the http service becomes unavailable it could clog up all connections in pg.

I would think adding jobs to some sort of a worker would be a good solution for most applications.

Aldo Sarmiento

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Charlin Barak <charlinbarak@gmail.com> writes:
> In Oracle, we use the UTL_HTTP package to make a https call within the
> database. Is there an equivalent in PostgreSQL?

What I'd suggest is using one of the untrusted PLs --- probably plperlu
or plpythonu --- and coding whatever you need in that language.  Once
you're into one of those languages you have access to all the library
packages that are installed for it on the server machine, so it shouldn't
take very much code.