Amazon Linux Support?

От Lewis Shobbrook
Тема Amazon Linux Support?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

With the repo changes associated with the April 17 changes,
https://pgstef.github.io/2019/04/17/one_rpm_to_rule_them_all.html
It is evident that support for amazon linux has been dropped.
While you can try to use redhat pgdp packages, they are not
installable on Amazon Linux, giving the following error...

/etc/redhat-release is needed by pgdg-redhat-repo-42.0-4.noarch

I confident that the rest rpms available in the repo can be used by
Amazon linux, but the redhat-release dependency is painful for
automation with existing recipes such as postgresql in chef.

Before I invest the effort to produce a pull request to address this,
I wanted to confirm that amazon linux has been dropped and will no
longer, nor likely ever be supported for the rpms repo's, or is it
still on the road map?

Cheers

Lewis Shobbrook
Team Lead - DevOps

base2Services | The Cloud Services People
T 1300 713 559 E l.shobbrook@base2services.com
Lvl 21, 303 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
base2services.com.au