ERROR: uncommitted xmin 347341220 from before xid cutoff 967029200needs to be frozen

От rajesh kumar
Тема ERROR: uncommitted xmin 347341220 from before xid cutoff 967029200needs to be frozen
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

We recently started seeing an error “ERROR:  uncommitted xmin 347341220 from before xid cutoff 967029200 needs to be frozen” on our user tables.
I’m unable to do ‘vacuum’, ‘vacuum freeze’ or ‘vacuum full’  on the affected tables.

From what I read, this was a bug couple of years ago on System tables and it was fixed long back.
However, we are seeing these errors on two of our User tables now.

After some Google search, I found the fix but, they seem to be temporary.

These are the solutions I found :
1. Truncate the table and restore the dump

2. remove ‘pg_internal.init’ from global directory

I’m not yet sure about removing  the file ‘pg_internal.init’. So, I would go ahead with table rebuilt for now.

Anyways, I would like to know if there is any permanent solution for this issue as I did not find a proper solution.

We are running Postgresql 9.6.10 on SUSE 12.4 OS.
We are already in process of upgrading to the latest minor version of 9.6 and our Application supports only Postgres 9.6.x

I request you to please take a look at it and let me know the fix.