Re: Wal keep segment

От Don Seiler
Тема Re: Wal keep segment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 08:13 Raj kumar <rajkumar820999@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,

Thank you.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, 17:45 John Scalia, <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Wal_keep_segments is a MINIMUM setting value, meaning the database is guaranteed to keep at least that many WAL segments. If you have replication setup and it’s fallen behind or broken, then WAL segments can rapidly accumulate on a fairly busy server. I suspect without having your details that something of this nature is occurring.

Jay

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 25, 2020, at 8:09 AM, Raj kumar <rajkumar820999@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I have "wal_keep_segment" set as 256.
> But I could see that around 700 files are present inside pg_wal directory.
>
> I thought after reaching 256, wal writer will start overwriting from 1st.
>
> What is the upper limit of these number of wal files in the directory?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Raj kumar

I would also see if you have a replication slot in use, and verify that it actually should be in use.

Don.