Re: [ADMIN] psql can't connect to old DB after installing new binaries

От Don Seiler
Тема Re: [ADMIN] psql can't connect to old DB after installing new binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

There is a file under /etc/ld.so.conf.d directory, which does this magic.

Yes I can see this in action now. Before installing 9.6:

# cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/postgresql-pgdg-libs.conf
/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib/

After installing 9.6 (just installing the RPMs, no init or config):

# cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/postgresql-pgdg-libs.conf
/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/

 Very good to know, thanks.

What happens when you use 9.2's psql?

/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/psql

As David shared, I got the same socket file error when directly using that binary file, and ldd shows that it is linked to the 9.6 libpq.so.5 file.

Thanks,
Don.

--
Don Seiler