Re: WALWriteLocks

От Don Seiler
Тема Re: WALWriteLocks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I appreciate everyone's feedback and help but we seem to be dancing around the actual question.

What I want to know is if there are other events that would contribute to a WALWriteLock (eg writing to a data file or the postgresql.log file) or is it 100% writing to the WAL file. So when we see a sustained spike in WALWriteLock wait events, we know where to focus our investigation efforts. The effort itself into the WAL writes is a separate issue. First I want to know if there is any other process/place that we also need to account for.

Don.