[ADMIN] Why is my table not autovacuuming?

От Don Seiler
Тема [ADMIN] Why is my table not autovacuuming?
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Why is my table not autovacuuming?  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Re: [ADMIN] Why is my table not autovacuuming?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
PostgreSQL 9.2.18. I have a table with 71M rows (via select count). In pg_stat_activity, n_live_tups is 170K, n_dead_tups is slightly more than that (203K). The autovacuum parameter is on, the scale factor is 0.2 (default) and threshold is 50 (default), autovacuum_max_workers is 3. There are no custom autovacuum thresholds set for this table. The last_autovacuum field is null.

Obviously I would expect autovacuum/autoanalyze to kick in for this table so the stats aren't getting so far out of whack from reality. When I query pg_stat_activity, I never see any autovacuum jobs running, so it isn't a matter of too much work from what I can tell.

Previously I had tables not being autovacuumed because of index corruption (which would also cause manual vacuum to fail), but I was just able to successfully vacuum this table manually and now pg_stat_activity show the accurate info.

Wondering why my autovacuum daemon appears to be acting lazily?

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us