Re: Prepared statements fail after schema changes with surprising error

От Dickson S. Guedes
Тема Re: Prepared statements fail after schema changes with surprising error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/1/21 Peter van Hardenberg <pvh@pvh.ca>:
> A user reported an interesting issue today. After restoring a dump created
> with --clean on a running application in his development environment his
> application started complaining of missing tables despite those tables very
> clearly existing.
>
> After a little thinking, we determined that this was due to the now-default
> behaviour of Rails to create prepared statements for most queries. The
> prepared statements error out because the old relation they point to is
> missing, but this gives a misleading report thus:
>
> PG::Error: ERROR: relation "xxx" does not exist

Isn't that something with search_path?

--
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Request for vote to move forward with recovery.conf overhaul
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)