Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Attached is a small patch to $SUBJECT.
>
> In master, only single-byte characters are allowed as an escape. Of
> course, with the patch it must still be a single character, but it may
> be multi-byte.

+1

Probably you know that, multi-byte character is already allowed
as escape in LIKE. There seems no reason why we don't support
multi-byte escape character in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING.

Could you add the patch into next CF?

The patch doesn't contain the change of the document. But I think that
it's better to document what character is allowed as escape in LIKE,
SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao