Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 14:41 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Could you add the patch into next CF?

Sure. The patch is so small I was thinking about committing it in a few
days (assuming no complaints), but I'm in no hurry.

> The patch doesn't contain the change of the document. But I think that
> it's better to document what character is allowed as escape in LIKE,
> SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING.

It should be assumed that multi-byte characters are allowed nearly
everywhere, and we should document the places where only single-byte
characters are allowed.

Regards,Jeff Davis