Re: Fwd: [DOCS] pgbench doc typos

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Fwd: [DOCS] pgbench doc typos
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 2016-01-27 11:06, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>
>> Two trivial changes to  doc/src/sgml/ref/pgbench.sgml

-   Here is example outputs:
+   Here is example output:

"Here are example outputs" is better?
In 9.4 document, that description was used for the example outputs
of per-transaction logging.

> I did not understand this sentence:
>
>    "Notice that while the plain (unaggregated) log file contains index
>    of the custom script files, the aggregated log does not."
>
> "contains index"?  what does that mean?
>
> Not understanding, I have not changed it. I think it could be made more
> clear.

What about the following?

--------------------
When multiple custom script files are specified with -f option,
while the plain (unaggregated) log file contains <lateral>file_no</> field
which identifies which script file is used, the aggregated log does not.
Therefore if you need per script data, <option>--aggregate-interval</> option
should not be specified and you need to aggregate the data on your own
from the plain log file.

BTW, I found another problem in pgbench.sgml. skipped_transactions is
documented as the last field of the plain log, but the format of the log
doesn't include that as follows.
   client_id transaction_no time file_no time_epoch time_us [schedule_lag]

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao