Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 12:54 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2019-Apr-12, Fujii Masao wrote:

> > > +1 for adding index entries to all reloptions.  I'm not sure what you're
> > > achieving by splitting the text for some existing index entries in two
> > > and putting two words in the <secondary> that were part of the
> > > <primary>, though.  I'd just put the whole text in <primary> (obviously
> > > the option name must be the first word of that).
> >
> > Indeed. Attached is the updated version of the patch.
>
> Hmm, actually, I now see you were originally proposing the words
> "storage parameter" for the fillfactor index entries, but for v2 you
> instead copied the "configuration parameter" words that was in some
> other of the older entries.  I think "configuration parameter" is wrong
> (we use that for GUCs, and it seems to me that it would be confusing to
> mix both things), and we should use the words "storage parameter" for
> all of these, don't you think?

So you are suggesting to use
reltoption and

If we do that, the following two lines are in the index.

    xxx configuration parameter, XXX
    xxx storage parameter, Storage Parameter

OTOH, originally I thought that the following style is smarter.

    xxx
        configuration parameter, XXX
        storage parameter, Storage Parameter

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm
Сообщение: Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm