Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Дата
Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Vik Fearing <vik@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Attached is a rebased and revised version of my
> idle_in_transaction_session_timeout patch from last year.
>
> This version does not suffer the problems the old one did where it would
> jump out of SSL code thanks to Andres' patch in commit
> 4f85fde8eb860f263384fffdca660e16e77c7f76.
>
> The basic idea is if a session remains idle in a transaction for longer
> than the configured time, that connection will be dropped thus releasing
> the connection slot and any locks that may have been held by the broken
> client.

+1

But, IIRC, one of the problems that prevent the adoption of this feature is
the addition of gettimeofday() call after every SQL command receipt.
Have you already resolved that problem? Or we don't need to care about
it because it's almost harmless?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao