Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/04/2016 02:24 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Vik Fearing <vik@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> Attached is a rebased and revised version of my
>> idle_in_transaction_session_timeout patch from last year.
>>
>> This version does not suffer the problems the old one did where it would
>> jump out of SSL code thanks to Andres' patch in commit
>> 4f85fde8eb860f263384fffdca660e16e77c7f76.
>>
>> The basic idea is if a session remains idle in a transaction for longer
>> than the configured time, that connection will be dropped thus releasing
>> the connection slot and any locks that may have been held by the broken
>> client.
>
> +1
>
> But, IIRC, one of the problems that prevent the adoption of this feature is
> the addition of gettimeofday() call after every SQL command receipt.
> Have you already resolved that problem? Or we don't need to care about
> it because it's almost harmless?

I guess it would be possible to look at MyBEEntry somehow and pull
st_state_start_timestamp from it to replace the call to
GetCurrentTimestamp(), but I don't know if it's worth doing that.

The extra call only happens if the timeout is enabled anyway, so I don't
think it matters enough to be a blocker.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36