Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<CAHGQGwHa_dX=dRcbR5QVTs6W5mgCy3qZ2fEwREaiXpES1B2+jw@mail.gmail.com>
> > > "TRUNCATE" option for vacuum command should be added to the open items?
> >
> > Yes, I think.
> > Attached is the patch which adds TRUNCATE option into VACUUM.
>
> By the way, this might have been discussed upthread, but boolean
> options of VACUUM command is defaulted to true. So, it seems to
> me that the name is better (or convenient to me) to be
> SKIP_TRUNCATE. The name of the reloption seems good to me.

If we really use SKIP_TRUNCATE, we need to use SKIP_INDEX_CLEANUP
instead of INDEX_CLEANUP for the consistency. But TRUNCATE and
INDEX_CLEANUP look more intuitive to me than SKIP_TRUNCATE and
SKIP_INDEX_CLEANUP.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao