Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 10 Apr 2019 02:00:03 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAHGQGwGufa=f4RWAscOyz1J76Gs-u+wmUt6oZF8YswLiMF13Ew@mail.gmail.com>

<CAHGQGwHa_dX=dRcbR5QVTs6W5mgCy3qZ2fEwREaiXpES1B2+jw@mail.gmail.com>

> > > Yes, I think.
> > > Attached is the patch which adds TRUNCATE option into VACUUM.
> >
> > By the way, this might have been discussed upthread, but boolean
> > options of VACUUM command is defaulted to true. So, it seems to
> > me that the name is better (or convenient to me) to be
> > SKIP_TRUNCATE. The name of the reloption seems good to me.
>
> If we really use SKIP_TRUNCATE, we need to use SKIP_INDEX_CLEANUP
> instead of INDEX_CLEANUP for the consistency. But TRUNCATE and
> INDEX_CLEANUP look more intuitive to me than SKIP_TRUNCATE and
> SKIP_INDEX_CLEANUP.

Ah, yes, we already have INDEX_CLEANUP. I'm fine with TRUNCATE.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Possibly-crazy idea for getting rid of some user confusion