Re: [patch] pg_test_timing does not prompt illegal option

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [patch] pg_test_timing does not prompt illegal option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 6:21 PM Zhang, Jie <zhangjie2@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> pg_test_timing accepts the following command-line options:
> -d duration
> --duration=duration
>
>     Specifies the test duration, in seconds. Longer durations give slightly better accuracy, and are more likely to
discoverproblems with the system clock moving backwards. The default test duration is 3 seconds.

> -V
> --version
>
>     Print the pg_test_timing version and exit.
> -?
> --help
>
>     Show help about pg_test_timing command line arguments, and exit.
>
> [https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/pgtesttiming.html]
>
> However, when I use the following command,  no error prompt. the command can run.
> pg_test_timing --
>
> I think "--" is a illegal option, errors should be prompted.
>
> Here is a patch for prompt illegal option.

This is not the problem only for pg_test_timing. If you want to
address this, the patch needs to cover all the client commands
like psql, createuser. I'm not sure if it's worth doing that.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [patch] pg_test_timing does not prompt illegal option