Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 05/09/2014 05:19 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> Judging from what was being said on the thread, it seems that running
>>> CancelBackup() after an immediate shutdown is better than not doing it,
>>> correct?
>>

>> This is listed as a 9.4 Open Item, but no one seems to want to revert
>> this change.
>> So I'll drop this from the Open Item list barring objections.
>

> I object. We used to call CancelBackup() on immediate shutdown, which was
> good. That was inadvertently changed by commit 82233ce. That's a regression
> we should fix. I agree with Alvaro upthread that we don't want to revert
> 82233ce, but we should come up with a fix.

Hmm.. probably I have the same opinion with you. If I understand this correctly,
an immediate shutdown doesn't call CancelBackup() in 9.4 or before. But the
commit 82233ce unintentionally changed an immediate shutdown so that it calls
CancelBackup(). For now, no one wants to revert the current behavior. So I think
there is nothing that we have to do now. No?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao