Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/12/2014 02:29 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hmm.. probably I have the same opinion with you. If I understand this correctly,
> an immediate shutdown doesn't call CancelBackup() in 9.4 or before. But the
> commit 82233ce unintentionally changed an immediate shutdown so that it calls
> CancelBackup().

Oh, sorry. I thought it was the other way 'round: that we used to remove
backup_label on an immediate shutdown on 9.3 and before, but that 9.4
doesn't do that anymore. Now that I re-read this thread and tested it
myself, I see that I got it backwards.

I agree the new behavior is better, and we should just remove the Open
Items entry.

- Heikki