Re: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc
Дата
Re: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc  (Matheus de Oliveira <matioli.matheus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM,  <andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      10991
> Logged by:          Andrew Pennebaker
> Email address:      andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04
>
> I never want to use the pager, as it comes up at the most inopportune times
> in Emacs shell-mode, so I have configured my ~/.psqlrc with:
>
> \pset pager off
>
> This works for psql -f <script>.psql. However, when I run one-off commands
> with psql -c <command>, the pager pops up again, making psql -c really hard
> to use in my Emacs workflow.

.psqlrc file is ignored with -c option. This behavior is documented.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#R1-APP-PSQL-3

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #10976: Two memory leaks in regcomp cleanup