Re: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #10991: psql -c ignores my pager settings in ~/.psqlrc
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Fujii Masao-2 wrote
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM,  <

> andrew.pennebaker@

> > wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      10991
>> Logged by:          Andrew Pennebaker
>> Email address:

> andrew.pennebaker@

>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
>> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04
>>
>> I never want to use the pager, as it comes up at the most inopportune
>> times
>> in Emacs shell-mode, so I have configured my ~/.psqlrc with:
>>
>> \pset pager off
>>
>> This works for psql -f
> <script>
> .psql. However, when I run one-off commands
>> with psql -c
> <command>
> , the pager pops up again, making psql -c really hard
>> to use in my Emacs workflow.
>
> .psqlrc file is ignored with -c option. This behavior is documented.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#R1-APP-PSQL-3

If you use "psql -c" a lot you should probably create a function/alias that
configures it in a way that is similar to the .psqlrc file you created.

Also, psql -c isn't just ignoring your pager settings but anything that is
in the .psqlrc file...as Fujii said this is documented quite explicitly in
the psql arguments section.

David J.