Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qua, 20 de mar de 2019 às 11:39, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> escreveu:

> +1. As one of third party PostgreSQL tool developers, I am afraid
> changing names of PostgreSQL commands would give us lots of pain: for
> example checking PostgreSQL version to decide to use command "foo" not
> "pg_foo".

createdb, dropdb, createuser, dropuser, reindexdb are binaries that
confuse most newbies. Which tool is theses binaries from? The names
does not give a hint. How often those confusing name tools are used?
AFAICS a graphical tool or psql is used to create roles and databases.
psql -c "stmt" can replace createdb, dropdb, createuser and dropuser.
What about deprecate them (and remove after a support cycle)?

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation
От: Euler Taveira
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system