Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.

От Gautham Raj
Тема Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.
Дата
Re: Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Problem: Having multiple versions of Postgres installed in CentOS 7. I Want to set the 9.5 version as default. Not able to access Postgres 9.5 through the terminal as well.
  1. For Command psql --version I'm getting 9.5 as the version.
  2. For Command sudo -u postgres psql I'm getting 9.2 as the version.
Please look at the below screenshot.
Screenshot from 2023-04-28 21-14-29.png

Background: By default, the server has a 9.2 version I installed the rh-postgresql95 version from the below article.
Used the below command to install rh-postgresql95
yum --enablerepo=centos-sclo-rh -y install rh-postgresql95-postgresql-server

Tried updating the PATH variable correctly with the latest version. But not working.

Screenshot from 2023-04-28 21-28-44.png

Please share the steps or any guidance on how to resolve the issue.

Thank you so much. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Gautham
Вложения