Re: Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/29/23 05:28, Gautham Raj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *Problem: Having multiple versions of Postgres installed in CentOS 7. I
> Want to set the 9.5 version as default. Not able to access Postgres 9.5
> through the terminal as well.*

Not clear if you want to have the default psql client be 9.5 or the
Postgres server be 9.5?

>  1. For Command *psql --version* I'm getting 9.5 as the version.
>  2. For Command *sudo -u postgres psql *I'm getting 9.2 as the version.

Why are you doing 2)?

> Please look at the below screenshot.
> Screenshot from 2023-04-28 21-14-29.png
>
> *Background: *By default, the server has a 9.2 version I installed the
> *rh-postgresql95* version from the below article.
> Used the below command to install *rh-postgresql95*
>
>     yum
>     <https://www.server-world.info/en/command/html/yum.html> --enablerepo=centos-sclo-rh -y install
rh-postgresql95-postgresql-server

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Multiple Postgrest Verisons how to set one version as default.