Re: SSL Enablement in Postgres via Client App like PG-ADMIN-4, Java.

От Jeffrey Walton
Тема Re: SSL Enablement in Postgres via Client App like PG-ADMIN-4, Java.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 9:50 AM sujay kadam <sujaykadam02@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have enabled SSL in postgres on a different port using pgbouncer.
>
> I have changed the default port to 6432 and made it SSL enabled and configured pgbouncer to listen port 5432 which is
non-ssl.

> But we are connecting directly using port, not by uploading a certificate or setting up SSL certificate and
propertiesin pgadmin4 and java.

> Our requirement is :-
>  we should connect ssl-enabled port by configuring ssl-properties and providing certificates path in any client tool
suchas pgadmin4 or using java.

> Below are some questions that needs to clarified :-
>
> How to enable SSL in Postgres database?
>
> How to establish the SSL connection from the client (Eg. Java )? Do we need to add any certifications at client side
forSSL authentication ?

> Do we have any documentation for SSL ?

The architecture for a client/server with a database usually hides the
database and exposes a web server. Clients connect to your web
service, and not the database directly. Your web service connects to
the database.

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: sorting problem with distinct on()
Сообщение: Re: sorting problem with distinct on()