SSL Enablement in Postgres via Client App like PG-ADMIN-4, Java.

От sujay kadam
Тема SSL Enablement in Postgres via Client App like PG-ADMIN-4, Java.
Дата
Re: SSL Enablement in Postgres via Client App like PG-ADMIN-4, Java.
Список pgsql-general
Hi Team.

I have enabled SSL in postgres on a different port using pgbouncer.

I have changed the default port to 6432 and made it SSL enabled and configured pgbouncer to listen port 5432 which is non-ssl.

But we are connecting directly using port, not by uploading a certificate or setting up SSL certificate and properties in pgadmin4 and java.

Our requirement is :-
 we should connect ssl-enabled port by configuring ssl-properties and providing certificates path in any client tool such as pgadmin4 or using java.

Below are some questions that needs to clarified :-

How to enable SSL in Postgres database?

How to establish the SSL connection from the client (Eg. Java )? Do we need to add any certifications at client side for SSL authentication ?

Do we have any documentation for SSL ?

Thanks & Regards
Sujay Kadam