Re: Fix typos

От Sehrope Sarkuni
Тема Re: Fix typos
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:11 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 11:01:59PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think slight variations don't really detract from the value of the
> product, and consider the odd variation a reminder of the diversity of
> the project.  I don't suggest that we purposefully introduce spelling
> variations, or that we refrain from fixing ones that appear in code
> we're changing, but I don't see the point in changing a line for the
> sole reason of standardising the spelling of a word.

Agreed.  This always reminds me of ANALYZE vs. ANALYSE where we don't
actually document the latter :)

I didn't know about that. That's a fun one!

> That said, I'm not a native English speaker.

Neither am I.

I am. Consistency is nice but either reads fine to me. Only brought it up as I didn't see many other usages so seemed out of place.

Regards,
-- Sehrope Sarkuni
Founder & CEO | JackDB, Inc. | https://www.jackdb.com/