Re: JBDC LDAP support for connection parameters

От Sehrope Sarkuni
Тема Re: JBDC LDAP support for connection parameters
Дата
Re: JBDC LDAP support for connection parameters  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
John,

No, the JDBC driver does not support loading data source configuration
from LDAP or using pg_service.conf. You'll need to specify the
database host/port/user as part of the JDBC connection string.

If this custom application code where you can dynamically generate the
JDBC URL then you could probably write it yourself (ie. query LDAP for
the server details and build the connection string from it).

If it's meant to be injected into an app server where you don't have
full control (ex: adding it as a JNDI resource to a JEE server)
though, I'm not sure of any workaround short of writing a wrapper JDBC
driver that transparently does the LDAP lookup for you and then
internally creates a PG JDBC connection from it.

Regards,
-- Sehrope Sarkuni
Founder & CEO | JackDB, Inc. | http://www.jackdb.com/