Re: Background Processes in Postgres Extension

От Sushrut Shivaswamy
Тема Re: Background Processes in Postgres Extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the suggestion on using postgres background worker.

I tried creating one following the implementation in worker_spi and am able to spawn a background worker successfully.

However, the background worker seems to cause postmaster to crash when I wait for it to finish using `WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown.
The function called by the background worker is empty except for logging a message to disk.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong / tips for debugging?

Thanks,
Sushrut