Re: Background Processes in Postgres Extension

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Background Processes in Postgres Extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 9:26 PM Sushrut Shivaswamy <sushrut.shivaswamy@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion on using postgres background worker.

I tried creating one following the implementation in worker_spi and am able to spawn a background worker successfully.

However, the background worker seems to cause postmaster to crash when I wait for it to finish using `WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown.
The function called by the background worker is empty except for logging a message to disk.

When debugging a crash, backtrace from core dump is useful. if you can reproduce the crash, running reproduction with gdb attached to a process intended to crash is more useful.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat