Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 9:58 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Hm, the docs about taking backups with the low-level APIs don't care
> much about relkind now:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-LOWLEVEL-BASE-BACKUP
> Or do you have another section in the docs in mind?

No, I didn't. We should definitely document new relkinds in the
pg_class docs, though.

> Does the attached patch address everything you have seen?

What about amcheck? I did change the example query in the docs to
account for this, so anyone that generalizes from that won't have a
problem, but it would be nice if it had a friendlier message. I didn't
change amcheck to account for this myself because I thought it was
possible that somebody else would want to use a more general solution.

--
Peter Geoghegan