Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Local partitioned indexes and pageinspect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 06:20:02PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> What about amcheck? I did change the example query in the docs to
> account for this, so anyone that generalizes from that won't have a
> problem, but it would be nice if it had a friendlier message. I didn't
> change amcheck to account for this myself because I thought it was
> possible that somebody else would want to use a more general solution.

Perhaps it would help if an errhint is added which is written as "This
relation is a %s", where %s is a relkind converted to a translatable
string describing the kind?  All those modules work on different objects
and have different goals and prospoectives, so it looks difficult to me
to come up with a sane API which is rather portable across modules.

The statu-quo is not completely bad either (aka no extra error
messages) as incorrect relation kind are still filtered out, perhaps the
docs don't emphasize enough that an index and a partitioned index are
two different things?
--
Michael

Вложения