Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 8:04 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hmm, is the "git config blame.ignoreRevsFile" setting actually
> repo-relative?  I'm a bit confused as to whether an absolute
> file path would be needed to ensure correct behavior.

That seems to be standard practice, and certainly works for me.

If any of the hashes are not well formed, or even appear in
abbreviated form, "git blame"  breaks in a very obvious and visible
way. So there is zero chance of it breaking without somebody noticing
immediately.

--
Peter Geoghegan