Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 7:15 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, there appears to be no performance regression due to the extra
> indirection. There's maybe even some gains due to the smaller step
> size.

Have you tried this with the insert benchmark [1]?

I've run it myself in the past (when working on B-Tree deduplication).
It's quite straightforward to set up and run.

[1] http://smalldatum.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-insert-benchmark.html
--
Peter Geoghegan