Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Natalie Wenz <nataliewenz@ebureau.com> wrote:
> What happens to the xid of rows/tables when you upgrade postgres via pg_upgrade?
>
> I upgraded a very large database from 9.6 to 10.1 via pg_upgrade recently, and ever since, the auto vacuum has been
busyon a large legacy table that has experienced no changes since the upgrade. If the whole table had been frozen prior
tothe upgrade, would you expect it to stay frozen?

Yes, you're right to expect it to stay frozen.

I wonder if this is due to a (thankfully relatively benign) bug that
was fixed very recently [1]. Are the relations that autovacuum is
processing materialized views?

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=38b41f182a66b67e36e2adf53d078599b1b65483
--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Natalie Wenz
Сообщение: pg_upgrade and frozen xids
От: Natalie Wenz
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids