Re: Ideas for a relcache test mode about missing invalidations

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Ideas for a relcache test mode about missing invalidations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:34 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I reread through the thread and IUCC, drop_index() is sending
>> inval on the owing relation and invalidation happens (that is,
>
> I finally understand that I was totally inept. This came from
> *the result* of the original -bug thread.

I certainly would not say that you were in any way inept. Perhaps
there is an argument for *also* doing what you propose. I am not
dismissive of your idea.

It seems like a question that should be considered separately, on
another thread. If you still want to pursue it.

--
Peter Geoghegan