Re: Ideas for a relcache test mode about missing invalidations

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Ideas for a relcache test mode about missing invalidations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Fri, 3 Aug 2018 15:42:22 -0700, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote in
<CAH2-WzmXcHXa0MKx5a9NiaaCOE4E4T_rnaHa-N4gN-VoWUT8aw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:34 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> >> I reread through the thread and IUCC, drop_index() is sending
> >> inval on the owing relation and invalidation happens (that is,
> >
> > I finally understand that I was totally inept. This came from
> > *the result* of the original -bug thread.
>
> I certainly would not say that you were in any way inept. Perhaps
> there is an argument for *also* doing what you propose. I am not
> dismissive of your idea.

I jumped to the URL to see the thread but it was not
up-to-date. It's the cause of my confusion that I thought the
problem was the error seen *after* the invalidation fix patch in
my repo.

> It seems like a question that should be considered separately, on
> another thread. If you still want to pursue it.

Thanks. I might bring this again later.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi