Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 12:41 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Actually, commit 74cf7d46 was where pg_resetxlog/pg_resetwal's -u
> argument was first added, for use by pg_upgrade. That commit is only
> about a year old, and was only backpatched to 9.6.

I just realized that this thread was where that work was first
discussed. That explains why it took a year to discover that we broke
8.4!

On further reflection I think that breaking pg_upgrade for 8.4 might
have been a good thing. The issue was fairly visible and obvious if
you actually ran into it, which is vastly preferable to what would
have happened before commit 74cf7d46.

--
Peter Geoghegan