Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false
Дата
Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:32 PM Masahiko Sawada
<masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I've attached WIP patch for HEAD. With this patch, the core pass
> index_cleanup to bulkdelete and vacuumcleanup callbacks so that they
> can make decision whether run vacuum or not.
>
> If the direction of this patch seems good, I'll change the patch so
> that we pass something information to these callbacks indicating
> whether this vacuum is anti-wraparound vacuum. This is necessary
> because it's enough to invoke index cleanup before XID wraparound as
> per discussion so far.

It. seems like the right direction to me. Robert?

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default
Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default