Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> And if it's segfaulting, it has to mean specinsert is NULL. So either we
> never got REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_INTERNAL_SPEC_INSERT, or we threw it
> away in the "change_done" part. Seems strange in both cases.
>
> Sudalai, are you using speculative inserts in the transaction?

He means ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE.  :-)

The speculative insertion case handling in reorderbuffer.c is likely
something that is hardly ever used, since speculative insertion
conflicts are presumably generally very rare. Though at the same time,
they're surely very common for certain workloads (such as my testing
script for ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE [1]).

[1] https://github.com/petergeoghegan/jjanes_upsert
--
Peter Geoghegan