Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I have little idea what -Og exactly means. It seems to be focused on
> debugging experience, and so still does some of the optimizations.

As I understand it, -Og allows any optimization that does not hamper
walking through code with a debugger.

> Which
> I think would explain why skink was not detecting some of the failures
> for a long time.

I think that skink didn't detect failures until now because the code
wasn't exercised until parallel CREATE INDEX was added, simply because
the function LogicalTapeFreeze() was never reached (though that's not
the only reason, it is the most obvious one).

--
Peter Geoghegan