Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/06/2018 10:39 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I have little idea what -Og exactly means. It seems to be focused on
>> debugging experience, and so still does some of the optimizations.
>
> As I understand it, -Og allows any optimization that does not hamper
> walking through code with a debugger.
>
>> Which
>> I think would explain why skink was not detecting some of the failures
>> for a long time.
>
> I think that skink didn't detect failures until now because the code
> wasn't exercised until parallel CREATE INDEX was added, simply because
> the function LogicalTapeFreeze() was never reached (though that's not
> the only reason, it is the most obvious one).

Maybe. What I had in mind was a different thread from November,
discussing some non-deterministic valgrind failures:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20171125200014.qbewtip5oydqsklt%40alap3.anarazel.de#20171125200014.qbewtip5oydqsklt@alap3.anarazel.de

But you're right that may be irrelevant here. As I said, it was mostly
just a random comment about valgrind.

regards