Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip Peter. Unfortunately it did not move the needle. Just curious what numbers are you getting when
youare testing?

Well over 100k tps, usually ~150k tps, quite consistently (I need to
use -M prepared to get over 100k tps, though). I can see the progress
by using pgbench's -P option (e.g. -P 5 to see progress reports every
5 seconds), which is how I've determined that it's consistent. I am
using the master branch, but I can't think of any reason why it would
be different to v11.

I do have a fairly high end though still workstation grade SSD -- a
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB. I imagine that your server is at least as
powerful as my workstation by every measure, so this shouldn't matter.

--
Peter Geoghegan