Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes

От Saul, Jean Paolo
Тема Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks.

I am only able to get over 100K if I change the insert query from:
INSERT INTO test_indexes (int_data )
 VALUES ( (RANDOM()*10000)::BIGINT % 2 );  -- note the modulus
38057.023869 tps for PG9.5
28257.312372 tps for PG11

to:
INSERT INTO test_indexes (int_data )
 VALUES ( (RANDOM()*10000)::BIGINT );
83065.111054 tps for PG9.5
130080.356992 tps for PG11

So I am assuming at this point you are not able to replicate this behavior? It might be a setting we have on our end, I just don't know what it its yet.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 15:06, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip Peter. Unfortunately it did not move the needle. Just curious what numbers are you getting when you are testing?

Well over 100k tps, usually ~150k tps, quite consistently (I need to
use -M prepared to get over 100k tps, though). I can see the progress
by using pgbench's -P option (e.g. -P 5 to see progress reports every
5 seconds), which is how I've determined that it's consistent. I am
using the master branch, but I can't think of any reason why it would
be different to v11.

I do have a fairly high end though still workstation grade SSD -- a
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB. I imagine that your server is at least as
powerful as my workstation by every measure, so this shouldn't matter.

--
Peter Geoghegan

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL

VERIZON CONNECT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, reliance upon or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.

Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #15629: Typo in Documentation
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #15629: Typo in Documentation