Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Good find!

+1

> > The attached patch fixes this inconsistency
>
> I think I prefer applying the fix and the larger changes separately.

I wonder if it's worth making the goto inside lazy_scan_prune verify
that the heap tuple matches what we expect. I'm sure that we would
have found this issue far sooner if that had been in place already.
Though I'm less sure of how much value adding such a check has now.

--
Peter Geoghegan